Charts tracking usage of 'university of edinburgh'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'university of edinburgh' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
Data used in these charts is drawn from all articles tagged with 'university of edinburgh', via our automated tagging system.
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'university of edinburgh'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'university of edinburgh' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'university of edinburgh' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'university of edinburgh'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'university of edinburgh' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'university of edinburgh' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'university of edinburgh'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'university of edinburgh'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'university of edinburgh'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'university of edinburgh'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'university of edinburgh'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'university of edinburgh'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'university of edinburgh', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'university of edinburgh'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'university of edinburgh'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'university of edinburgh'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'university of edinburgh'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'university of edinburgh'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'university of edinburgh'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'university of edinburgh', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'university of edinburgh'
john maccoll (21/11), philip hunter (17/9), richard jones (16/3), theo andrew (12/2), martin donnelly (10/2), alex ball (8/4), stuart macdonald (7/1), luis martinez (7/1), wilma alexander (7/1), chris awre (6/3), lorraine paterson (6/2), marieke guy (6/2), brian kelly (6/5), stephen pinfield (5/2), kirsty pitkin (5/1), manjula patel (5/2), linda kerr (4/2), stuart lewis (4/1), pete johnston (4/1), roddy macleod (4/2), simeon warner (4/1), matthew dovey (3/2), richard davis (3/1), boon low (3/1), liza zamboglou (3/1), paul walk (3/2), seamus ross (3/1), nick gibbins (3/2), robin taylor (3/1), jon hunter (3/2), henry s. thompson (3/2), ian dolphin (3/2), carmen odell (2/1), stewart waller (2/1), shailey minocha (2/1), jon allen (2/1), marion tattersall (2/1), graham pryor (2/1), john lewis (2/1), debra hiom (1/1), robin rice (1/1), noel whitty (1/1), william kilbride (1/1), randy metcalfe (1/1), sue timmis (1/1), fiona reddington (1/1), mike gardner (1/1), anne spalding (1/1), najla semple (1/1), heather dawson (1/1), chris rusbridge (1/1), peter burden (1/1), lorcan dempsey (1/1), carlos silva (1/1), michael day (1/1), brian westra (1/1), alason roberts (1/1), sebastian rahtz (1/1), paul gorman (1/1), william nixon (1/1), selenay aytac (1/1), maureen pennock (1/1), marie-therese gramstadt (1/1), william j. nixon (1/1), sandy shaw (1/1), leigh garrett (1/1), dierdre wildy (1/1), ana alice baptista (1/1), jose carlos ramalho (1/1), jessie hey (1/1), max wilkinson (1/1), tracey stanley (1/1), miguel ferreira (1/1), emma place (1/1), stephanie taylor (1/1), dave thompson (1/1), julie allinson (1/1), graham jefcoate (1/1), ariadne staff (1/1), shirley cousins (1/1), peter kerr (1/1), clare mcveigh (1/1), sarah higgins (1/1)