Charts tracking usage of 'text mining'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'text mining' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'text mining'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'text mining' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'text mining' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'text mining'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'text mining' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'text mining' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'text mining'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'text mining'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'text mining'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'text mining'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'text mining'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'text mining'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'text mining', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'text mining'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'text mining'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'text mining'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'text mining'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'text mining'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'text mining'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'text mining', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'text mining'
sophia ananiadou (107/4), john keane (60/2), john mcnaught (60/2), paul watry (51/1), julia chruszcz (51/1), linda kerr (11/1), vic lyte (11/1), sophia jones (11/1), steve pettifer (9/1), dean andrew jackson (9/1), philip j r day (9/1), yoshinobu kano (9/1), paul thompson (9/1), teresa k attwood (9/1), ed fay (5/1), stephanie taylor (4/1), marieke guy (3/2), michael day (2/1), dicky maidment-otlet (2/1), alex ball (2/2), jeremy frumkin (2/1), judy redfearn (2/1), dan chudnov (2/1), brian whalley (2/1), greg tourte (1/1), conrad taylor (1/1), emma tonkin (1/1), maureen pennock (1/1), clifford lynch (1/1), jodi schneider (1/1), julie allinson (1/1)