Charts tracking usage of 'university of manchester'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'university of manchester' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
Data used in these charts is drawn from all articles tagged with 'university of manchester', via our automated tagging system.
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'university of manchester'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'university of manchester' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'university of manchester' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'university of manchester'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'university of manchester' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'university of manchester' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'university of manchester'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'university of manchester'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'university of manchester'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'university of manchester'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'university of manchester'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'university of manchester'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'university of manchester', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'university of manchester'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'university of manchester'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'university of manchester'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'university of manchester'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'university of manchester'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'university of manchester'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'university of manchester', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'university of manchester'
sophia ananiadou (21/4), john keane (15/2), john mcnaught (15/2), jean vacher (13/1), marie-therese gramstadt (13/1), laura skilton (13/1), matt ramirez (13/1), guyda armstrong (13/1), rose lock (13/1), olivia walsby (12/1), sarah rayner (12/1), caroline williams (11/3), steve pettifer (10/1), dean andrew jackson (10/1), philip j r day (10/1), yoshinobu kano (10/1), paul thompson (10/1), teresa k attwood (10/1), linda kerr (8/2), paul meehan (8/2), miles banbery (7/1), julia chruszcz (7/2), michael daw (6/2), alicia wise (5/1), paul watry (5/1), ross macintyre (5/1), vic lyte (5/1), paul needham (5/1), jane stevenson (5/3), sophia jones (5/1), brian kelly (5/5), debra hiom (4/4), rob allan (4/1), carmen odell (4/1), marion tattersall (4/1), rob crouchley (4/1), ann apps (4/3), john lewis (4/1), marieke guy (4/3), anne mccombe (3/1), andrew priest (3/1), michael kennedy (3/1), tim machin (3/1), diana massam (3/1), bethan ruddock (3/2), lizzie caperon (3/1), angela joyce (3/1), jane ronson (2/1), john maccoll (2/1), joy palmer (2/1), nigel gilbert (2/1), philip hunter (2/2), liz lyon (2/2), andy powell (2/2), brian whalley (2/1), andrew cooper (2/1), adam guy (2/1), martin white (1/1), stephen gough (1/1), gillian austen (1/1), eelco herder (1/1), jim strom (1/1), stephen emmott (1/1), mathieu d’aquin (1/1), peter burden (1/1), george neisser (1/1), kara jones (1/1), michael day (1/1), paul walk (1/1), seamus ross (1/1), conrad taylor (1/1), jenny craven (1/1), jon maslin (1/1), adrian stevenson (1/1), stuart macdonald (1/1), rosie jones (1/1), luis martinez (1/1), andrew flinn (1/1), leona carpenter (1/1), sarah shreeves (1/1), jenny hall (1/1), claire tylee (1/1), graham pryor (1/1), mark clark (1/1), elisabetta parodi (1/1), martin donnelly (1/1), roddy macleod (1/1), alison murphy (1/1), shirley keane (1/1), katrin flemming (1/1), hendrik drachsler (1/1), stefan dietze (1/1), denise lievesley (1/1), amanda hill (1/1), bridget winstanley (1/1), greig fratus (1/1), elly cope (1/1), david e. bennett (1/1), shirley cousins (1/1)