Charts tracking usage of 'british museum'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'british museum' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'british museum'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'british museum' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'british museum' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'british museum'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'british museum' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'british museum' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'british museum'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'british museum'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'british museum'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'british museum'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'british museum'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'british museum'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'british museum', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'british museum'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'british museum'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'british museum'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'british museum'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'british museum'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'british museum'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'british museum', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'british museum'
paul miller (7/2), david schloen (4/1), charles e. jones (4/1), david fuegi (3/1), lorcan dempsey (3/1), monika elbert (3/1), julian cheal (2/1), ann chapman (2/1), rhiannon mcloughlin (2/1), charles oppenheim (1/1), wendy taylor (1/1), ian brown (1/1), francesca simon millar (1/1), dan greenstein (1/1), mona hess (1/1), sally macdonald (1/1), helen williams (1/1), stuart robson (1/1), graeme were (1/1)