Charts tracking usage of 'heriot-watt university'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'heriot-watt university' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'heriot-watt university'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'heriot-watt university' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'heriot-watt university' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'heriot-watt university'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'heriot-watt university' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'heriot-watt university' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'heriot-watt university'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'heriot-watt university'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'heriot-watt university'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'heriot-watt university'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'heriot-watt university'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'heriot-watt university'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'heriot-watt university', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'heriot-watt university'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'heriot-watt university'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'heriot-watt university'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'heriot-watt university'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'heriot-watt university'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'heriot-watt university'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'heriot-watt university', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'heriot-watt university'
roddy macleod (41/23), linda kerr (8/5), brian kelly (6/4), lesa ng (4/2), alex ball (3/2), nicola harrison (3/2), sheridan dunkley (3/1), debbie campbell (1/1), debra hiom (1/1), jane ronson (1/1), heather dawson (1/1), bridget robinson (1/1), agnes guyon (1/1), tim machin (1/1), andrew walsh (1/1), caroline williams (1/1), malcolm moffat (1/1), philip hunter (1/1), paul meehan (1/1), jessica lindholm (1/1), wilma alexander (1/1), mansur darlington (1/1), michael breaks (1/1), david palmer (1/1), angela joyce (1/1)