Charts tracking usage of 'digital media'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'digital media' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'digital media'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'digital media' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'digital media' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'digital media'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'digital media' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'digital media' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'digital media'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'digital media'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'digital media'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'digital media'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'digital media'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'digital media'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'digital media', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'digital media'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'digital media'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'digital media'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'digital media'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'digital media'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'digital media'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'digital media', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'digital media'
marianne takle (4/1), theo andrew (4/1), leona carpenter (4/2), tamara sumner (3/1), simon buckingham shum (3/1), kevin bradley (2/1), colin webb (2/1), paul bevan (2/1), marieke guy (2/1), philip pothen (2/1), grainne conole (1/1), fiona hewer (1/1), martin white (1/1), brian gambles (1/1), michelle pauli (1/1), stephen emmott (1/1), lorcan dempsey (1/1), brian green (1/1), wendy taylor (1/1), sarah houghton (1/1), paul hardaker (1/1), graeme west (1/1), david martin (1/1), gill ferrell (1/1), lawrie phipps (1/1), jez cope (1/1), betty willder (1/1), david schloen (1/1), stuart macdonald (1/1), monika elbert (1/1), richard collmann (1/1), jon pratty (1/1), murray rowan (1/1), elizabeth mchugh (1/1), geraldine jones (1/1), luis martinez (1/1), muhammad rafiq (1/1), charles e. jones (1/1), david donald (1/1), francis cave (1/1), bruce royan (1/1), ana alice baptista (1/1), georg eckes (1/1), sam pepler (1/1), mia ridge (1/1), jose carlos ramalho (1/1), alan gadian (1/1), sue harrison (1/1), shirley keane (1/1), helen williams (1/1), miguel ferreira (1/1), david sloan (1/1), david haynes (1/1), iain wallace (1/1), mahendra mahey (1/1), brian kelly (1/1), stephanie taylor (1/1), sarah callaghan (1/1), daniel teruggi (1/1), phil bradley (1/1), julie allinson (1/1), lina coelho (1/1)