Charts tracking usage of 'information today'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'information today' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'information today'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'information today' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'information today' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'information today'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'information today' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'information today' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'information today'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'information today'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'information today'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'information today'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'information today'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'information today'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'information today', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'information today'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'information today'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'information today'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'information today'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'information today'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'information today'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'information today', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'information today'
stevan harnad (2/2), sarah hammond (2/1), ruth wilson (1/1), charles oppenheim (1/1), pete dowdell (1/1), matthew wilcox (1/1), lynn silipigni connaway (1/1), katherine allen (1/1), jennifer weintraub (1/1), emma tonkin (1/1), daniel chudnov (1/1), geoff butters (1/1), colin harris (1/1), tim brody (1/1), ray harper (1/1), les carr (1/1), jeremy frumkin (1/1), raymond yee (1/1), shirley hyatt (1/1)