Charts tracking usage of 'open education'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'open education' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'open education'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'open education' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'open education' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'open education'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'open education' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'open education' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'open education'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'open education'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'open education'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'open education'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'open education'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'open education'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'open education', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'open education'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'open education'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'open education'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'open education'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'open education'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'open education'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'open education', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'open education'
eelco herder (31/1), mathieu d’aquin (31/1), elisabetta parodi (31/1), hendrik drachsler (31/1), stefan dietze (31/1), marieke guy (31/1), andrew cox (1/1), barbara sen (1/1), kara jones (1/1), amber thomas (1/1), eddy verbaan (1/1)