Charts tracking usage of 'subject heading'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'subject heading' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'subject heading'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'subject heading' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'subject heading' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'subject heading'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'subject heading' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'subject heading' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'subject heading'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'subject heading'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'subject heading'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'subject heading'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'subject heading'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'subject heading'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'subject heading', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'subject heading'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'subject heading'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'subject heading'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'subject heading'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'subject heading'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'subject heading'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'subject heading', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'subject heading'
tomas schoenthal (3/1), kjell jansson (3/1), jessica lindholm (3/1), yan han (2/1), qiping zhang (2/1), emma tonkin (2/1), margaret e. i. kipp (2/1), mick ridley (2/1), andrea resmini (2/1), heather lea moulaison (2/1), edward m. corrado (2/1), heather d. pfeiffer (2/1), linda kerr (1/1), debra hiom (1/1), robina clayphan (1/1), oren stone (1/1), michael day (1/1), ann chapman (1/1), christina claridge (1/1), steve mitchell (1/1), roddy macleod (1/1), emma place (1/1), gordon dunsire (1/1), annette lafford (1/1), jennie grimshaw (1/1)