Charts tracking usage of 'information architecture'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'information architecture' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
Data used in these charts is drawn from all articles tagged with 'information architecture', via our automated tagging system.
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'information architecture'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'information architecture' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'information architecture' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'information architecture'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'information architecture' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'information architecture' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'information architecture'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'information architecture'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'information architecture'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'information architecture'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'information architecture'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'information architecture'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'information architecture', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'information architecture'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'information architecture'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'information architecture'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'information architecture'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'information architecture'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'information architecture'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'information architecture', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'information architecture'
keith doyle (26/2), elizabeth coburn (15/1), shirley keane (10/2), john paschoud (7/1), monica duke (7/1), martin white (6/1), emma tonkin (6/2), julian cheal (3/1), andy prue (3/1), qiping zhang (3/1), rosemary russell (3/2), paul miller (3/1), margaret e. i. kipp (3/1), liz lyon (3/1), talat chaudhri (3/1), richard jones (3/1), andrea resmini (3/1), heather lea moulaison (3/1), edward m. corrado (3/1), mahendra mahey (3/1), heather d. pfeiffer (3/1), robert kiley (2/1), philip hunter (2/2), sue manuel (2/2), christy henshaw (2/1), ariadne staff (2/1), matthew dovey (1/1), charles oppenheim (1/1), dey alexander (1/1), john maccoll (1/1), noa aharony (1/1), stephen pinfield (1/1), andrew priest (1/1), stephen emmott (1/1), penny garrod (1/1), ian peacock (1/1), lynn silipigni connaway (1/1), vassilis tzouvaras (1/1), stephanie kenna (1/1), chris awre (1/1), caroline williams (1/1), sally criddle (1/1), pete johnston (1/1), sarah ormes (1/1), mick ridley (1/1), mina sotiriou (1/1), diana massam (1/1), leona carpenter (1/1), leonard will (1/1), jane inman (1/1), christina claridge (1/1), johan oomen (1/1), shirley hyatt (1/1), rebecca linford (1/1), eric lease morgan (1/1), tracey stanley (1/1), david hook (1/1), derek brown (1/1), richard green (1/1)