Charts tracking usage of 'persistent identifier'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'persistent identifier' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'persistent identifier'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'persistent identifier' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'persistent identifier' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'persistent identifier'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'persistent identifier' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'persistent identifier' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'persistent identifier'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'persistent identifier'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'persistent identifier'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'persistent identifier'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'persistent identifier'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'persistent identifier'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'persistent identifier', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'persistent identifier'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'persistent identifier'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'persistent identifier'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'persistent identifier'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'persistent identifier'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'persistent identifier'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'persistent identifier', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'persistent identifier'
emma tonkin (25/1), debbie campbell (8/1), monica duke (7/1), nick nicholas (5/1), kerry blinco (5/1), nigel ward (5/1), michael day (4/1), marjan vernooy-gerritsen (3/1), maurits van der graaf (3/1), gera pronk (3/1), alex ball (2/2), philip hunter (2/1), andrew treloar (2/2), david groenewegen (2/2), shirley keane (2/1), mahendra mahey (2/2), ian peacock (1/1), paul walk (1/1), chris awre (1/1), paul miller (1/1), maureen pennock (1/1), rose holley (1/1), jessie hey (1/1), jodi schneider (1/1), julie allinson (1/1), ed fay (1/1), ariadne staff (1/1)