Charts tracking usage of 'data visualisation'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'data visualisation' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'data visualisation'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'data visualisation' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'data visualisation' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'data visualisation'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'data visualisation' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'data visualisation' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'data visualisation'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'data visualisation'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'data visualisation'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'data visualisation'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'data visualisation'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'data visualisation'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'data visualisation', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'data visualisation'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'data visualisation'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'data visualisation'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'data visualisation'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'data visualisation'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'data visualisation'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'data visualisation', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'data visualisation'
pete cliff (8/1), kirsty pitkin (3/1), marieke guy (2/2), joanna richardson (1/1), john maccoll (1/1), eelco herder (1/1), mathieu d’aquin (1/1), malcolm wolski (1/1), brian westra (1/1), emma tonkin (1/1), keith doyle (1/1), jeffrey rydberg-cox (1/1), alex ball (1/1), elisabetta parodi (1/1), mia ridge (1/1), hendrik drachsler (1/1), stefan dietze (1/1)