Charts tracking usage of 'mobile phone'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'mobile phone' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'mobile phone'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'mobile phone' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'mobile phone' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'mobile phone'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'mobile phone' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'mobile phone' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'mobile phone'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'mobile phone'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'mobile phone'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'mobile phone'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'mobile phone'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'mobile phone'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'mobile phone', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'mobile phone'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'mobile phone'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'mobile phone'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'mobile phone'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'mobile phone'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'mobile phone'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'mobile phone', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'mobile phone'
brian kelly (14/6), andrew priest (4/1), caroline williams (4/1), nick nicholas (4/1), kerry blinco (4/1), diana massam (4/1), nigel ward (4/1), marieke guy (4/2), brian bambles (3/1), penny garrod (3/2), sarah houghton (2/1), emma tonkin (2/2), miles banbery (2/1), keith doyle (2/1), keren mills (2/1), kevin carey (2/1), mikael snaprud (1/1), sarah ashton (1/1), ellen collins (1/1), simon speight (1/1), dave beckett (1/1), mike jones (1/1), alan newell (1/1), shailey minocha (1/1), qiping zhang (1/1), jenny craven (1/1), paul bevan (1/1), paul miller (1/1), margaret e. i. kipp (1/1), fiona maclellan (1/1), stuart macdonald (1/1), philip hunter (1/1), luis martinez (1/1), maureen pennock (1/1), muhammad rafiq (1/1), jenny rowley (1/1), chris clark (1/1), nikki rogers (1/1), andrea resmini (1/1), heather lea moulaison (1/1), steve hitchcock (1/1), edward m. corrado (1/1), simon price (1/1), graham stone (1/1), philip pothen (1/1), phil bradley (1/1), damian steer (1/1), heather d. pfeiffer (1/1)