Charts tracking usage of 'wayback machine'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'wayback machine' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'wayback machine'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'wayback machine' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'wayback machine' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'wayback machine'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'wayback machine' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'wayback machine' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'wayback machine'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'wayback machine'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'wayback machine'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'wayback machine'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'wayback machine'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'wayback machine'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'wayback machine', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'wayback machine'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'wayback machine'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'wayback machine'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'wayback machine'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'wayback machine'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'wayback machine'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'wayback machine', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'wayback machine'
philip beresford (5/2), richard davis (3/1), jackson pope (3/1), phil bradley (3/2), chris rusbridge (2/1), brian kelly (2/1), michelle pauli (1/1), nick nicholas (1/1), kerry blinco (1/1), nigel ward (1/1), ana alice baptista (1/1), jose carlos ramalho (1/1), miguel ferreira (1/1), matthew brack (1/1)