Charts tracking usage of 'augmented reality'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'augmented reality' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'augmented reality'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'augmented reality' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'augmented reality' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'augmented reality'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'augmented reality' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'augmented reality' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'augmented reality'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'augmented reality'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'augmented reality'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'augmented reality'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'augmented reality'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'augmented reality'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'augmented reality', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'augmented reality'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'augmented reality'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'augmented reality'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'augmented reality'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'augmented reality'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'augmented reality'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'augmented reality', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'augmented reality'
marie-therese gramstadt (20/2), jean vacher (19/1), laura skilton (19/1), matt ramirez (19/1), guyda armstrong (19/1), rose lock (19/1), shailey minocha (6/1), brian gambles (4/1), andreas strasser (3/1), fiona maclellan (2/1), marieke guy (2/1), brian whalley (2/1), anne spalding (1/1), carlos silva (1/1), olivia walsby (1/1), leigh garrett (1/1), lizzie caperon (1/1), sarah rayner (1/1)