Charts tracking usage of 'social software'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'social software' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'social software'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'social software' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'social software' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'social software'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'social software' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'social software' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'social software'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'social software'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'social software'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'social software'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'social software'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'social software'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'social software', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'social software'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'social software'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'social software'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'social software'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'social software'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'social software'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'social software', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'social software'
sarah hammond (12/1), ann chapman (3/1), sue manuel (3/2), charles oppenheim (2/1), philip pothen (2/1), robert sherratt (1/1), noa aharony (1/1), shailey minocha (1/1), michael day (1/1), joy palmer (1/1), tore hoel (1/1), emma tonkin (1/1), jez cope (1/1), geraldine jones (1/1), rosie jones (1/1), richard cameron (1/1), rachel bruce (1/1), neil beagrie (1/1), lizzie caperon (1/1), marieke guy (1/1), ian dolphin (1/1), kevin emamy (1/1)