Charts tracking usage of 'second life'
Interactive charts on this page show usage of the term 'second life' in Ariadne articles, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Timeline of references to 'second life'
This data chart includes two timelines:
- 'articles' timeline tracks the number of articles that mention 'second life' (per date)
- 'total usage' timeline tracks all references throughout articles to 'second life' (per date)
Relative recency of references to 'second life'
This data chart highlights bands of recency:
- numbers of articles referring to 'second life' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
- total usage of 'second life' recently (within previous year), mid-term (between one and three years), and longer-term (older than three years)
Top 10: authors most frequently referring to 'second life'
This chart shows up to 10 authors most frequently using this term 'second life'.
- select author name label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by author referring to 'second life'
- the default view of articles and total usage shows how these authors compare overall
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on how these authors compare by total usage of 'second life'
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on how these authors compare by total numbers of articles referring to 'second life'
Long tail: all authors referring to 'second life'
This data chart shows all authors referring to 'second life', ordered by each author's number of articles mentioning this term versus total usage of this term:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 authors most frequently referring to 'second life'
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other authors also referring to 'second life'
- vertical axis marks the number of articles by an author referring to 'second life'
- horizontal axis marks an author's total usage of term 'second life'
Note that darker points in this chart can indicate overlaps where several authors have written the same numbers of articles with the same total usage of this term 'second life'.
Complete list of authors discussing 'second life'
Here is a list of all authors referring to 'second life', ordered by total usage of this term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each author's relative distribution in the chart above (total usage / number of articles).
- author names provide links to overviews of articles by each author discussing 'second life'
paul walk (31/1), paul gorman (16/1), paul miller (13/1), eddie young (4/1), keir hopwood (2/1), gill ferrell (2/1), sue manuel (2/1), john azzolini (2/1), linda kerr (1/1), adrian tribe (1/1), michael day (1/1), tim machin (1/1), caroline williams (1/1), rosemary russell (1/1), ann chapman (1/1), paul meehan (1/1), shirley keane (1/1), philip pothen (1/1), angela joyce (1/1), lina coelho (1/1)