Charts tracking tags in articles by Dave Thompson
Interactive charts on this page show tags in articles published by Dave Thompson, tracking usage from 1996 (when publication started) to present (as of most recently published issue).
See our charts FAQ for more explanations of data charts presented here and elsewhere on our site.
Top tags in Dave Thompson articles
This chart shows up to 10 tags most frequently associated with Dave Thompson.
- select term label (near bottom of each column) to see an overview of all articles by Dave Thompson referring to this term
- the default view of articles and total usage shows overall comparisons of top terms used by Dave Thompson
- de-select the 'articles' label to hide this data set and focus on total usage of each term
- de-select the ''total usage' label to hide this data set to focus on numbers of articles referring to each term
Long tail: all tags in articles by Dave Thompson
This data chart shows relative distribution of data associated with tags in articles written by Dave Thompson:
- points in red plot data related to the top 10 tags
- points in blue plot the (more or less) long tail of other tags also associated with Dave Thompson
- vertical axis marks the number of articles in which Dave Thompson refers to a term
- horizontal axis marks total usage of a term by Dave Thompson
- darker points in this chart indicate overlaps of terms mentioned in same number of articles with same total usage
Complete list of tags associated with Dave Thompson
Here is a list of tracked terms used by Dave Thompson, ordered by total usage of each term.
- numbers in parentheses indicate each tag's position in the chart (total usage / number of articles).
- term names provide links to overviews of relevant articles by Dave Thompson
preservation (44/5), archives (42/5), wellcome library (31/5), metadata (24/4), data (23/5), digital archive (16/4), born digital (14/4), dcc (13/2), fedora commons (12/2), repositories (11/3), framework (8/4), xml (8/2), software (7/3), curation (7/1), research (6/3), dissemination (6/2), digital curation (5/4), cataloguing (5/2), infrastructure (5/3), jpeg (5/2), standards (4/3), provenance (4/4), digital preservation coalition (4/1), microsoft office (4/1), cd-rom (4/2), mets (4/1), digitisation (4/1), premis (3/1), digital preservation (3/2), collection development (3/2), tiff (3/1), intellectual property (2/1), privacy (2/1), university of oxford (2/2), file format (2/1), openoffice (2/1), internet explorer (2/1), ms word (2/1), microsoft (2/2), usb (2/1), blog (2/1), edrms (2/1), w3c (1/1), wellcome trust (1/1), copyright (1/1), mpeg (1/1), video (1/1), real audio (1/1), foia (1/1), bbc (1/1), visualisation (1/1), mla (1/1), social networks (1/1), preservation metadata (1/1), dublin core (1/1), interoperability (1/1), html (1/1), university of edinburgh (1/1), open source (1/1), jpeg 2000 (1/1), drm (1/1), british library (1/1), loughborough university (1/1), aggregation (1/1), database (1/1)